So is your HP pavilion keyboard not working properly ? HP pavilion keyboard not working is one of the most common issue with the users of HP pavilion laptops. In this article, we will discuss about the causes and solutions to resolve HP pavilion keyboard not working problem.
Laptop keyboards are often prone to malfunctioning and the actual reason for the improper functioning of HP pavilion keyboard varies from case to case. In this section we will discuss some of the most common reasons for HP pavilion keyboard not working as it should.
- Physical Damage
- Recent Windows Update
- Bad I/O Chip
- Loose Keyboard Connector
- Old or Incompatible Input Driver
- Water/Liquid Spillage on Keyboard
Solution for HP pavilion keyboard not working
- Check if any of your laptop keys are in pressed state. Over the time, some keys may get stuck
- If your keyboard problem started after a recent windows update, try to uninstall the recent update one by one . If that does not help, you could also try the system restore option.
- If upon thorough investigation you find out that your I/O chip is faulty, you can ask any laptop repair engineer to replace the Super I/O chip. ( This happens rarely and should be the last resort )
- Check for loose connection of the Keyboard connector ( Refer Image) . It is also a good idea to clean the top of the connector with special I.P liquid
- Check if you have the latest driver for your keyboard, if not you should update your driver. It is recommended to download the driver from HP official site and not rely on other sources. You can also roll back the driver to see if windows automatically updated a bad driver on your windows OS.
- Liquid spillage on keyboard can cause serious harm not only to your HP pavilion keyboard but also to the motherboard as well. In the event of water / liquid spillage turn of the laptop immediately and remove the battery. Take your laptop to a HP service center get the fixed at the earliest.
I hope this article will help you fix your HP pavilion keyboard not working issue. However if you are unable to get it resolved and live in Rourkela, Odisha, then you can visit our HP laptop repairing shop and get it repaired or replaced.